- By David Gonos
- In Blog
- Tags car leather repair, detailing, leather seats, microfiber cloths, supplies, vacuum cleaner
Auto interior detailing your car is a rewarding endeavor that enhances both the aesthetics and longevity of your vehicle. Whether you’re a meticulous car enthusiast or simply want to maintain a clean and comfortable interior, having the right supplies is key to achieving professional-level results.
At Austin Area Color New, we go beyond auto interior detailing, as we fix cosmetic issues, like scratches, tears, stains, and other evidence of use, helping make the car look like new again. We service the Central Texas region, including Austin, Cedar Park, Georgetown, Round Rock, and San Antonio.
14 Auto Interior Detailing Supplies Everyone Needs
Here’s a comprehensive guide to the auto interior detailing supplies you’ll need for your car.
- Vacuum Cleaner: A powerful vacuum with various attachments helps remove dirt, dust, and debris from carpets, upholstery, and hard-to-reach areas.
- Microfiber Cloths: These are essential for wiping surfaces without leaving lint or scratches. Have a mix of different sizes and textures for various tasks.
- Interior Cleaner: Choose an appropriate cleaner for your dashboard, seats, door panels, and other surfaces. Opt for a mild, non-abrasive cleaner suitable for different materials like vinyl, leather, and plastic.
- Glass Cleaner: Use a streak-free glass cleaner to clean windows and mirrors for a crystal-clear finish.
- Brushes: Soft-bristled brushes help agitate dirt in crevices and seams. Have different sizes for various areas.
- Detailing Swabs or Toothbrushes: These are great for cleaning small, intricate areas like vents, buttons, and seams.
3 Protectants and Enhancers
- Interior Protectant: For vinyl, plastic, and rubber surfaces, use a protectant to prevent drying, cracking, and fading caused by UV rays.
- Leather Conditioner: If your car has leather seats, a leather conditioner will keep the leather supple and prevent cracking. If your leather seats are too far gone, you can also choose to just get a leather kit to replace your seats, which we can buy and install for you.
- Fabric Protectant: To shield cloth seats and carpets from spills and stains, use a fabric protectant.
3 Specialized Cleaning Tools
- Steam Cleaner: Optional but highly effective for deep cleaning upholstery and reaching into tight spots without chemicals.
- Clay Bar: Removes embedded contaminants on surfaces like glass and paint, leaving a smooth finish.
- Wet-Dry Vacuum: Useful for tackling liquid spills effectively.
- Gloves: Protect your hands from chemicals and dirt.
- Ventilation: Work in a well-ventilated area or use a mask if using strong chemicals.
By gathering these supplies and following a systematic approach, you’ll be able to detail your car’s interior efficiently while maintaining its cleanliness and aesthetic appeal. Remember, regular maintenance helps preserve your car’s value and creates a more enjoyable driving experience. If your vehicle needs more love than auto interior detailing can offer, text pictures of your problem to Austin Area Color New at (512) 810-3014, and we can give you a free quote!