- By David Gonos
- In Blog
- Tags car seats, carpet, carpet stains, convertible, dashboard, headliner, reupholstery, seat repair
Many people are turning to their search engines to find local help for their car, and that includes asking for locations of an “auto upholstery shop near me.”
But what exactly should you be looking for from your auto upholstery shop? What services should they be providing you and your car?
Austin Area Color New has an in-house upholstery shop with technicians who have been repairing car interiors since 2007.
If you are in the Central Texas area, near Austin, Cedar Park, Georgetown, Houston, Round Rock, San Antonio or Waco, then please give us a call to see if we can help your car’s interior needs.
But if you’re not in this area, here are some things to consider about your local auto upholstery shop.
“Where is an Auto Upholstery Shop Near Me?” What You Need to Know
Your car’s upholstery is more than just the fabric that covers the seats. It’s also the carpeting, headliner, and other interior materials that make your car comfortable and stylish. If your upholstery is damaged or worn, it can be a major eyesore and even make your car less comfortable to drive.
Auto upholstery shops specialize in repairing and restoring car upholstery. They can fix everything from small tears to complete reupholstering jobs.
Here are some of the services that an auto upholstery shop can provide:
- Seat Repair and Reupholstery: Auto upholstery shops can repair or replace seats that are damaged or worn. They can also reupholster seats in new fabric, vinyl or leather.
- Carpet Repair and Replacement: Auto upholstery shops can repair or replace carpeting that is damaged or stained. They can also install new carpeting in a different color or style.
- Headliner Repair and Replacement: The headliner is the fabric that covers the roof of your car. If the headliner is damaged or sagging, it can be replaced by an auto upholstery shop.
- Door Panel Repair and Reupholstery: Door panels can be damaged by wear and tear, or by pets or children. Auto upholstery shops can repair or reupholster door panels in new fabric or leather.
- Dashboard Repair or Replacement: An auto interior shop should be able to either fix an issue on your dashboard, like removing sticky residue left by a cell-phone holder, or by just ordering and installing an entirely new dashboard for your car altogether.
- Convertible Top Repair and Replacement: Convertible tops can be damaged by the elements, or by wear and tear. Auto upholstery shops can repair or replace convertible tops in new fabric or vinyl.
In addition to these basic services, some auto upholstery shops also offer custom upholstery services. This means that they can create custom-made seats, carpeting, or other interior materials to match your car’s specific needs or style.
View this post on Instagram
If you’re looking for a way to improve the look and feel of your car’s interior, an auto upholstery shop can help. Here are some tips for choosing an auto upholstery shop:
- Get recommendations from friends, family, or online reviews.
- Ask about the shop’s experience with your specific car model.
- Get estimates from several shops before making a decision.
- Make sure the shop offers a warranty on their work.
If you ask your GPS to find an “auto upholstery shop near me,” do some due diligence to make sure that shop can handle your work. By following these tips, you can be sure to find a shop that can provide you with the high-quality service you need to keep your car’s interior looking and feeling its best.
In Central Texas, call Austin Area Color New for your auto upholstery needs! You can also just text us pictures of what you need repaired to (512) 810-3014, and one of our technicians will text you back with a quote!